|Taylor Swift as Rosemary|
|Age|| 12 |
around 19 (film)
|Portrayed by||Taylor Swift|
It is revelaled that Rosemary is the Giver's daughter and became the Receiver-in-training after him. After experiencing all the pain and loss that were in the memories transmitted to her, she applied for Release and willfully comitted suicide.
- Rosemary never appeared in the Giver book, but is mentioned by several characters.
- Rosemary did appear in the film adaptation of the The Giver.
- Rosemary is the only confirmed character to apply for release.
- After her release, it was made an official rule that the Receiver could not apply for release. This was because the memories that Rosemary had received had been transmitted to the community.
- After Rosemary's release, the name Rosemary was designated as Not-to-Be-Spoken, which meant that the name was not allowed to be spoken or be reused on a newchild.
- In the book, Rosemary was discovered to be The Giver's daughter
In the movie adaptation of "The Giver", Rosemary is portrayed by Taylor Swift. Swift wears a brunette wig to play Rosemary.